Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Boss

After a long trip we finally arrived at Kawaguchiko station. I was on pins and needles again while we waited for my boss (the school owner & principal) to pick us up. Far from my expectation she wasn’t Japanese with a British accent nor a British nationality but a Portuguese. I silently talked to God “ She looks strict and intimidating. I hope it’s only her face.”

We exchanged greetings and had lunch, due to my nervousness I quickly uttered the word pasta before she could ask me what I wanted. “Oh so you like Italian food?” She asked. “I’m not picky when it comes to food. I can eat anything as long as it’s not poisonous.” I thought it was a dumb answer as she might think that I was trying to impress her. “Great so you’ll survive here.” She responded smiling but still I couldn’t guess what’s behind in her Portuguese face.

My sis-in-law had to go back to their prefecture she was a bit worried about me being alone and far from my family. And it was my boss who gave her the assurance that I will be fine because I’m a big girl. My throat got dry when I heard my boss saying that, for deep inside I wasn’t sure if I will be fine.

She brought me to my apartment and gave me instructions on how to operate all the stuff inside. I tried to absorb everything otherwise I will be lame since all the writings are in Japanese. But she told me not to worry as I can always ask her daughter (also a teacher) who was also living in the apartment but wasn’t around when I arrived. And after she bought a mobile phone for me since the apartment has no phone line and internet.
“Call me anytime if you need something or you have some questions. My daughter will drive you for school tomorrow. Take Care.” And she left me. I prayed again “ God please let her be a nice boss.”

1 comment:

gLoR!e said...

and she was a nice boss,right?heheh

karon pako abot mam..dali ra kaau ko mura rako ni halok ngadto..hehe