Sunday, June 29, 2008

and I was brought here

After 2 days of staying at my brother’s place I was already set to travel for Kawaguchiko.
My sis-in-law accompanied me for I didn’t know the directions and it was also a long trip, 5 hours or so by bus and train. I was supposed to enjoy the views while traveling but my mind was preoccupied by my new work. I was delighted but also jumpy and wasn’t even sure how equipped I was to face this new and different world; the culture, the food, the language and the people. Although I had already experienced working in a Japanese firm in the Philippines but working and living in Japan is another story. What lies ahead of me? Will I live to tell the tale? these questions kept bothering me.
As the train was approaching closer to the town, my heart was also pounding more rapidly. “Dear God, please let me have a humane employer.” I uttered this prayer many times thinking the dreadful experiences of fellow ofw.

My edginess had somewhat calmed down when I started to see the amazing Mt. Fuji covered with snow. “Wow! So I’ll be seeing this mountain everyday.” My sis-in-law responded that if I get the chance, I should climb the mountain (open only on summer). The thought of it thrilled me.






Mt. Fuji in winter







Mt. Fuji in autumn ( took this photo 3km away from the school)









Mt.Fuji in summer ( I took this photo @7pm 2 meters away from my apartment)






Summer Festival in Kawaguchiko

1 comment:

gLoR!e said...

kaya ra nimo oi..ikaw pa?!!

i wish i can go there..hehe