Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Town

Though I was drained from the long trip I wasn’t able to sleep deeply. I woke up early and realize that it was freezing outside. Thanks to the room heater and the electric carpet my boss had provided, I couldn’t have slept at all.
My Boss’s daughter woke up (I was already in my room when she arrived last night) and I was surprised that she has a gentle aura and soft voice with Japanese accent. But still she has a resemblance of her mom. She said that we’ll have a tour first of the town prior to go to school just to make myself familiar with the locations of the restaurants, supermarket, drugstores and department store ( there's only 1 big dept. store in the town)

Kawaguchiko is a small and quiet town but you can see tourists every now and then because of Mt. Fuji, its beautiful Lake and museum. It has no cinemas, disco clubs and bars which I found beneficial as I can cut expenses. However, restaurants are everywhere, from Japanese to Italian, Chinese, Indian and etc. Plus the 7-eleven convenience stores which offer variety of products and of course the vending machines along the streets. Well, I think this town actually knows my weakness hahaha and I was already doubtful if I can cut expenses.






My favorite "japanese canteen" as i call it. kinda similar to our canteen and the food here is yummy and cheaper. You can fully load ur stomach with less than a thousand yen.


Lake Kawaguchiko



I love their cold sandwiches




Truly convenient


3 comments:

I AM A BLOGGER said...

Oh, people say tat japan vendor machine is the best(ichiban)!!!

hahaha, thank for dropping by!(^__^)

Daryl Teo said...

The japs are probably the most innovative race around. Find them really interesting their culture & all the cute stuffs they have. =)

happyichigo♥ said...

hello..how are you..
i like ur blog..your entry about working in japan is so cute..can we exchange link?

what did u teach there? the kids must be really adorable..take care