Wednesday, July 16, 2008

...and I got homesick

Everything went well with my job. My bosses as well as my co-teachers were very supportive and the kids were fun. For me being a kindergarten teacher is a priceless job.

However, no matter how I enjoyed the job it didn’t kiss away my homesickness. I was all smiles in school but when I arrived in my apartment my pillow and my stuff toy were always wet with tears. It was my first time to be thousand miles away from my family and my significant half. True the internet helps a lot but still it’s different when you can hold a person’s hand and lean on his shoulder when you’re worn out from work and dine with your family while you talk about work and other stuff.

I was the only Filipina working in the school and sad to say that there were just two Filipinas I met in the town who happened to be moms of our students and it is part of the school’s policy that teachers are not allowed to mingle personally with parents.

Apparently my laptop and my huggable minnie mouse became my buddies in my otherwise very “lonely” place.




My laptop somehow eased me from loneliness
My huggable minnie always wet with tears but can't complain :)
My hubby who always find time to keep in touch

No comments: